Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thinking Outside the Box

This morning, as I came into town via the 6th street exit near P&G, I noticed a man standing inside a giant box.

Not only was he inside a giant box, he was somewhat blocking business walking traffic and wearing a suit. He had painted something to the effect of "Think outside the box" with a link to his Career Builder profile below. I thought this was brilliant--he was near several of Cincinnati's biggest employers, where many people come into town. The people walking to their jobs had to go around him, meaning they definitely noticed him and no doubt will be talking about it at water coolers all over the city.

I wish I could have taken a better photo--I only got him in the very edge of the frame with my iPhone. I'd love to post his info here to give him an even better shot at attention--I've been there, buddy and I know it's tough to stand out!

It's amazing that people want to work but are having to resort to publicity stunts to even get a phone call back.

No comments: